Monday, August 3, 2009

i fall....a lot



i've always been this way, if there's something to trip on, i find it. It's nothing out of the ordinary for me to skid on my knees on carpet, tile or just to amp it up a bit....concrete. I've always wondered how little kids can be soooo brave when they skid their little knees on the sidewalks, or miss a concrete step, and they just brush themselves off an go about their merry way. Well, now I know how they do it. It doesn't hurt...at first. At first it's no big deal, heck....I felt like the bionic woman when i dove to the patio after missing the last step on my deck. I got up and surveyed the skin that used to be on my palms and knees which was now crinkled up on the hot concrete. Looking around i knew someone HAD to see my semi-olympic feat, and sure enough, he (my hubby, MJ) was sitting in the yard, savoring the moment. I can say 'savor' because i was so brave and unhurt and heck, i even blamed the dog that was an easy 10 feet away. Because I always fall, he's used to seeing it, and also used to assessing the damage....which, i completely reassured him, even though i needed a skin graft, i was just fine.




Well 6am is a tad early for me to be awake on a Sunday morning, but something wasn't right, something HURT, i felt patches of hell-fire on the front on my knees....little did i know FULL BLOWN damage would be the first thing i felt in the morning. Who doesn't love waking up to throbbing knees that kinda, sorta, in a really gross way 'stick' to the sheets. I somehow got of bed and could only walk on my tip-toes to keep from bending my knees, all the while wincing and looking for a wheelchair which we don't have, tucked in a corner waiting to save me. No wheelchair, just some neosporin with pain relief, and ya know what? I debated to myself what REAL pain relief would be, like crushing and directly applying vicodin to my knees, or pouring pepto bismal on them, maybe just planting 30 ibuprofens in a smiley face fashion on my gooey circles. I am happy to report, after 45 min of feeling like i had poured boiling gasoline on my knees, i felt like a new person. (that pain relief is total garbo, well...at first).


I realized also this phrase "the bigger you are, the harder you fall" and then i really understood the dangers of deck stairs after consuming 3 glasses of wine.


I am soooo breaking up with wine, well...after this glass.




4 comments:

  1. OW AND EW...and ow, again.

    Stupid wine, why can't it just do it's job and make the night fun without the falling?

    Whenever the kids fall, Brian always says "that didn't hurt, you're only 24 inches off of the ground." I guess he's right.

    I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, this post is so funny...err...sad. Hmmmm...I wouldn't break up with wine, I would break up with drinking and going down stairs. Fer real. I love the pics too lmao

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sound like two peas in a pod. They don't call me Miss Grace. That's for darn sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I know where you got your falling down talent. Wait 'til you see my post tomorrow which, believe it or not, I wrote this morning. Anyway, this was so fun and real. I love it. I'm so glad you're writing!

    ReplyDelete