Wednesday, June 16, 2010

back on the Weight Watchers Wagon...again and again and again.

Part of my success as a new real estate agent (when I pass the exam) is the 'image' of myself being an agent.  Thin(ish) and professional, cute skirts, tasteful heels, pin-striped jackets with camesoles, long dark brown hair.  (yes, dark brown!)    I deeply feel this image or new career path is a package deal.  So, this past  Monday, I started WW again...AGAIN!  

I don't mind WW....I really like the 'good for you' foods.   Veggies, fish, fruit, whole grain breads, whole grain rice, water.  So really that's pretty easy for me.  What happens is I lose the weight, then take 8 months and gain it right back.  Exercising outside in the summer is a challenge because I'm SOOOO heat sensitive.  Luckily for me, it stays light enough for a late evening walk or run,  errrr slow jog....trot, ok...stroll.   I'm also good at preparing my own meals.  I do buy a few 'Smart One's' a week, but only three, and I add rice, or more steamed veggies.   I took pictures of my last two days of lunches.  Yesterdays was 5 points, today is 8. 

(omg i see my toes!!)
4 point Smart One's with 1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli added


(my fork has been 'used' to take the salmon out of the toaster oven lol)
4 ounces baked salmon, 1 1/2 cups brown rice (I add salsa for flavor) and 1 cup(ish) steamed broccoli ~ I use a salad plate for a full meal look effect.

So, I'm back in the saddle.  I consider it another step towards achieving my ultimate goal, which really....now that I think about it, is a whole new me.  And that excites me....a lot.

4 comments:

  1. YOU GO GIRL. It sounds like you are SO inspired and doing so awesome...good for you! I wish we lived next door to each other, I think we would be so skinny! Another secret besides the salad plate is to use a small fork so that it takes a longer time to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please email me and tell me all about Weight Watchers. I've been giving some serious thought to joining, but don't know anyone who is doing it. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally see that image of you. It IS you! And can you prepare all my WW meals? K Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Mom, I wish i could :-( !!

    Bacardi Mama, WW can be VERY overwhelming if you have no idea what's going on. I'd be happy to email you :)

    Thanks for your comments, ladies!

    ReplyDelete