Thursday, June 24, 2010

it's a win/win/win

Yesterday after my arduous Walmart trip, I collapsed for a brief moment at my laptop before putting the groceries away. Twitter was already up so I quickly skimmed the tweets. Tweets? Are we birds? Anyway, I saw there was an ISU contest. All you had to do was take a picture of yourself wearing an ISU shirt, three winners would be chosen and the prize was a new ISU t-shirt. I looked at the clock, i had 21 minutes to put on some ISU gear, take a pic, email it to myself, crop, figure out how to put a picture up on Twitter and tweet it to CyISU. My hubby graduated from Iowa State and also was a football manager for a few years, so we have a super abundance of authentic football jerseys. I tossed one on and had my son take a pic.

do i love this picture? no, but I wanted to win a tshirt!

Whew, my tweet was sent and winners would find out later in the evening if they won. So I cleaned the kitchen, then made some muffins.  Blueberry.  Blueberry Fiber One.  Two points each.  I froze half and ate the other 12....JUST KIDDING. 


don't these look divine?


I was sitting.... ok, sprawled on the couch and my blackberry started blinking. Could it be? It was a direct message from Iowa State Athletics!  I WON! 
ISUCy Congrats 2 @nickmongar @Dabobie @acrozier22 4 being selected as this weeks Searching Cy winners! Searching Cy will take place again next wed   (I am @Dabobie)
Then, this direct message :

ISUCy Congrats on being selected as a Searching Cy winner! Please send ur shirt size and address and we will mail you ur prize!
 
So, there ya go.  I had a pretty eventful night. Now my dilemma, do I get the tshirt for me or do I get a size for my hubby?

OHHHH, and I lost 5 pounds during week one of Weight Watchers :)

3 comments:

  1. Talk about being a winner all the way around. Congratulations!! I say get the shirt for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMIGOSH what a fun, great post! 5 pounds is beyond awesome and those muffins look so delish! I definitely would have eaten the other twelve - no joke. It's my new thing. All good things come in bulk. lol
    And congrats on the shirt win! How fun. I say get it for yourself and enter Marcus next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo! How fun! I say get it for yourself for sure! You deserve it for losing 5 pounds! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete