Wednesday, June 23, 2010

baseball and running and cowboys - Oh My!

Short post today, busy day ahead of me.  First off, I already did my Couch25K run for the day.  It was 78 degrees and it seemed like a good time to just get it done with.  Shortly after heading into out, after my first leg of running, I saw a deer.  He was crossing the road and was very interested in me.  He stopped and posed (of course because I didn't have a camera) and was very curious about what I was doing.  He didn't even notice the gray mini van waiting for him to cross.  I kept running towards him, then he realized I wasn't nearly as interesting as he first thought, and trotted off.  I was happy for the nice little distraction as I was puffing through another 60 second leg of running.  I did the entire workout!  Ran when I was supposed to, no stops for stretching, tying my shoes or because I was out of breath.  I'm proud of my muffin-top self.

We spend a lot of time at baseball fields.  Our son, Ryan is playing in a very competitive league which means we have 4-7 games/week.  We love baseball and especially watching him play.  Hubby and I both love the game.  I sometimes wonder how we will spend our summers when he is too old for the league.  This year has been relentlessly hot and humid.  I always pack a cooler to keep us from the unhealthy and expensive concession stand.   Usually there are carrots and granola bars packed but since this game started at 8pm, I skipped it.


We always sit behind the left center field fence.  It's a good seat...we like it, sometimes I think we are the Waverly Bleacher Bums.  However, when Ryan needs a Gatorade, one of us has to hike over to the dugout, last night....I volunteered.  After giving him the drink, I decided to walk around the entire field.  I came to the parking lot and lo and behold...there was a picture I HAD to take.  It was glorious.  Fine.  A nice reminder of what wonderful things Nebraska has to offer.   I quickly snapped one shot (omg it was so blurry - camera phone) and then he MOVED!!  I wanted to cry.  So then I pretended to be talking on the phone and I walked away, but not tooooo far.  Then he went back to his 'pose' and then 'CLICK' I got it.  I was very pleased with my paparazzi style photography, and then I ran away.  What if someone saw me?  Well, it was worth it.


How nice of him to pose.  Boots, wranglers, hat.  There is a God.

4 comments:

  1. NICE!!!! WOW!!!! OMG!!!! PASS OUT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drooooooooool Very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm assuming that annonymous/hilarious post was by Amber :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm laughing so hard...because that really is a fine picture! Nice job! See how things work out just the way they're supposed to?
    And congrats on the c25K progress. You rock, Little Girl. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete