Monday, June 14, 2010

no booze...is OK!


Well, it's been some time now since I decided to stop my rum chugging. I should update my 'I quit' blog to 'I'm changing my habits'. I no longer drink rum every night and in fact, I don't even drink on the weekends now. Do i miss it? Nope. I realized that never drinking again really isn't what I wanted to achieve....ex: pizza place with hubby, share a pitcher of beer. (I really just wanted the pizza and drank 3 glasses of water also) and I only had 2 glasses of beer and started to feel 'tipsy'! But I will admit, the beer tasted pretty darn good, and I have to think that's because I haven't been drinking lately. I'm feeling better, no hangovers, I don't sleep too late, I don't over eat at night, we are saving LOTS of $$$....I'm feeling this is a definite win/win. I'm realizing it was just a habit. Probably something I really didn't enjoy THAT much. I much prefer my ice water.
*edited* to add that I'm totally LOLing at my title of this blog and the giant pitcher of beer next to it LOL.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is awesome. Rum is my drink of choice. Obviously, hence my blog name. I don't drink all the time, but I don't know if I could quit like you. Great job. You should be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Lori. I love the new look of your blog...but that picture just makes me want a beer!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Amy and Bacardi Mama :) I really really enjoy the taste of rum, but mostly in a fruity, blended drink versus the rum and diet beverage. So it wasn't really too difficult to give up the daily drink. I would never drink a daquiri everyday because then eventually I wouldn't fit through the front door lol.

    Anyway, ty for the pats on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Who knew? Very pretty new design and I love your tag line.

    I'm so glad you're blogging and that you've changed some habits that you weren't happy with. Good job!

    ReplyDelete